children's movie Epic
Want to do something different and meaningful?
1. Come to the Library and pick up a free copy of the book "The Soloist" by L.A. Times columnist Steve Lopez.
2. Read it.
3. Join us for a community discussion with Pastor Ginger Foster in the of Supervisor's Room
on Wed. April 29th from 6:30-8:30pm
4. We will follow it up with a group service project to aid the homeless.
It's all part of a $2,400 Book-to-Action grant from the California State Library and the California Center for the Book. Books are available at the Mariposa, El Portal and Red Cloud Libraries. Book to Action is supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services, under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, Administered in California by the State Librarian.
You are invited to a book signing
Author William T. Yaley will join us at the Mariposa County Library,
Saturday April 18th at 1pm
"Struggle to Survive" is an historically accurate novel:
As the fall of Saigon to the North Vietnamese Army was imminent,
the courage and care of the brave individuals who carried
out "Operation Babylift" unfolds in this riveting read.
Mariposa Senior Center on Spriggs Lane.
- Get a library card? Bring a valid form of ID if you are over 17 (under 17 you need to bring a legal guardian) and fill out an application. Cards are free, replacement cards are $5.00.
- Renew a book? Items can be renewed by calling the library during open hours, renewing online, or calling toll-free 1-866-290-8681.Note: toll-free renewals can be made only once per item. Sorry, no renewals of overdue items or items on hold.
- Pay a fee online? You will need your library card and pin number. You may pay online (not in person or on the phone) using SmartPay.
Click to set custom HTML